Ahh the week of love is upon us. Whether you’re single or taken, this health tonic will give you exactly what you need. It will help to beautify you from the inside out and, best of all, will open and heal your heart.
- ½ banana
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 tsp maca
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 big handful spinach
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp rosewater
- 1.5 cups water
- Blend and serve topped with a sprinkle of cacao nibs. Feel your heart opening and your vibration increasing with each and every sip.
Health Benefits of the Heart Chakra Smoothie:
- Cacao, also known as raw chocolate, increases the brain chemical serotonin. This is our body’s feel good neurotransmitter that regulates appetite, sleep, emotional health and moods. Chocolate also contains phenethylamine, also known as PEA, the love chemical. PEA stimulates the central nervous system and triggers the release of endorphins and dopamine, a neurochemical associated with sexual pleasure. Cacao is also incredibly cardioprotective – it will help to support and heal the heart by reducing oxidized cholesterol.
- Raspberries have a mild estrogenic effect, are libido and circulation boosters. Traditional Chinese Medicine believes that women who eat raspberries will maintain beautiful skin and hair that doesn’t go grey. And it also warns men who have huge erections to avoid eating raspberries. So be careful out there.
- Spinach contains the phytonutrient lutein, which has been shown in studies to help lower oxidized (dangerous) cholesterol – spinach helps to open the heart!
- Maca, also known as “Peruvian Viagra” is a libido booster and hormone-balancer.
- Chia seeds are full of fibre, protein and good fats for energy – they were eaten by Aztec warriors for lasting energy in the battlefield.
- And rose helps to open and heal the heart, helping to balance and let you be more… you.
This smoothie will be included in my upcoming FREE Spring Countdown Cleanse. The cleanse is happening next week and will be sent out in my newsletter. To join, sign up for my newsletter in the box at the top of the page.
“Love has to spring spontaneously from within: And it is in no way amenable to any form of inner or outer force. Love and coercion can never go together; but though love cannot be forced on anyone, it can be awakened in him through love itself. Love is essentially self-communicative. Those do not have it catch it from those who have it. True love is unconquerable and goes on gathering power and spreading itself, until eventually it transforms everyone it touches.” –Meher Baba
Wishing you a heart full of love. xo Andrea