This is one of my favourite cold-weather detox smoothies. I know, it may seem a little odd to add rosemary to a green smoothie, but trust me, it’s awesome. All the ingredients in this smoothie combine to make a tonic that is supportive to circulation, the immune system and digestion.
Here are some more health benefits of the Apple Rosemary Smoothie:
- Rosemary is nourishing to the nervous system and is a circulatory stimulant, which helps to move blood, fluids and energy throughout the body.
- As an antibacterial herb, rosemary is immune boosting and perfect for colder weather.
- Rosemary is also a digestive aid, as it helps to break down fats and oils (this is why it’s usually used as a marinade for meats).
- Avocado is potassium-rich and kidney supportive. Your kidneys are like your body’s storage depot for vital energy and are most active during the winter season.
- Apples contain both soluble and insoluble fibre, which are very cleansing to the digestive tract.
- 1.5 cups water
- 1 apple, cored and roughly chopped
- ¼ avocado
- 1 big handful kale
- 1 sprig rosemary leaves, removed from stem
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Blend everything on high until smooth.
I’ve included this smoothie in my free Spring Countdown Cleanse, which is being emailed out in my newsletter today! If you haven’t already, sign up for my newsletter at the top of the page.