Vegetarian Chili Recipe
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped into ½” pieces
- 1 green pepper, chopped into 1” pieces
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 can black beans (buy Eden Organic beans, as cans are BPA-free)
- 1 jar crushed tomatoes
- 1-2 cups water
- 3-4 large handfuls of baby spinach, or any other green you love, roughly chopped
- Sliced red onion
- Diced avocado
- Hot sauce
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté for around five minutes.
- Add chopped sweet potato, green pepper and spices. Give everything a good stir to ensure that the vegetables are coated with the spices.
- Drain and rinse the beans and add to the pot, along with the jar of tomatoes. Add the water and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat. Cook until the sweet potato is tender, around 30 minutes.
- Add the corn, greens and stir. After a minute or two, the greens will be wilted and you can serve this fantastic creation.
- Spoon into bowls and decorate with optional toppings.