I just spent the most amazing weekend up north with my family and one of my favourite people and co-kitchen witches, Joshua Lewis.
With a big bunch of basil and plenty of tarragon and parsley in the garden, a ripe avocado and a few other little things, including a Magic Bullet, we had the makings of the greenest, most godliest of dressings. Not only delicious, it has a ton of divine health benefits:
- It’s suitable for vegans, grain free people or anyone with food allergies.
- Herbs are a super potent source of vitamins and unique, volatile antioxidant oils that help to neutralize free radicals in the body (and free radicals generated by grilling meat).
- Avocado is just amazing. Its monounsaturated oils have been found to be cardioprotective. It’s full of carotenoid antioxidants (these are the guys that are good for our eyes). Interestingly, adding avocado to a green salad will increase absorption of the carotenoids in the greens.
This dressing is pure magic.
- 1 avocado
- 1 small handful each of basil, tarragon and parsley (in equal amounts)
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp water
- pinch of sea salt
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Add additional water if needed.
Use this dressing on anything and everything. Dress your favourite salad, use it as a dip, a sandwich spread, a sauce for noodles, you can even smear it on fresh corn or grilled vegetables. The opportunities are endless. It’s divine. xo Andrea