When you need something filling and comforting, you don’t have to have a typical snack of an apple and some almond butter. You can literally mix it up by blending your nut butter into something frothy and sippable.
A little known healthy kitchen hack is to whirl up some nut butter with water in the blender. Voila… nut milk for your coffee or cereal. You can also use this same technique with hot water to make a healthy nut “latte.”
A latte that is a perfect vehicle for lavender (in my opinion).
I’m not going to tell you that the lavender stands in for coffee, because it doesn’t. Coffee stimulates while lavender calms.
Lavender is often used to treat headaches, calm the nervous system and encourage sleep. Drink a Lavender Latte when you need a calming, grounding elixir: In the midst of a rushed afternoon, if you have a headache, or before bed when you’re a little wired.
Yes, you can have your lavender and drink it, too!
- 1.5 cups hot water
- ¼ tsp dried lavender (make sure to find food-grade lavender)
- ¼ tsp vanilla powder or a dash of vanilla essence
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp nut butter (a mixed nut butter containing coconut oil works best)
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into a mug and sip slowly.
Wishing you lots of lavender enchantment. xo Andrea