Before you pick up your phone with the intent to order food, think about making this superfood-stuffed sweet potato. Just five or so minutes of hands-on time, and you have a meal on the table that has it all. Alkalizing, mineral-rich vegetables and good fats for the win!
- 1 sweet potato
- 1.5 cups broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 heaping tsp miso
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup water
- Cook the sweet potato by piercing a few times with a fork and placing in an oven heated to 375. Once cooked through, after around 35 minutes, remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, using a steamer, steam the broccoli until tender, around 5-6 minutes.
- While the broccoli is steaming, make the sauce by combining tahini, miso and nutritional yeast with water in a blender and whizzing until smooth.
- Serve by cutting open the sweet potato, filling with the broccoli and drizzling the sauce overtop. Sprinkle with black pepper and dive in.
Wishing you easy breezy dinners. xo Andrea